24 November 2010

A LAMB SHANK FOR DINNER & A T-BONE TO CUDDLE

T-Bone, me, and Angus
After encountering a Tarantula and a Mountain Cow on our hike through Aguirre Springs, it was time to get back on the road again!  We dropped off Jamie's daughter (Taylor "tot" as I call her), put an Albuquerque address into the navigation system and headed 4 hours down the highway....destination Jennifer James 101, Albuquerque's most sought after Restaurant!

We made it to Albuquerque in time to rinse the filth from our bodies, jump back in the car, and head to the Restaurant.  I would not count carcass's just to stay overnight in Aguirre Springs again, however, I would start my journey from the top solely to eat a meal prepared by the famed and talented Chef's of Jennifer James 101; Jennifer James and Nelle Bauer.  I enjoyed every bite of my perfectly paired meal (I'm still salivating over the Lamb Shank) right down to the unexpectedly delicious sample of Olive Oil Ice Cream topped with Balsamic Vinegar that Chef Nelle brought us to try.  If you are within carcass counting distance from Albuquerque, I highly recommend making a reservation at Jennifer James 101

A full belly and deliriously tired eyes means time for bed! Luckily we had the pleasure of staying with "my other half's" parents...who just so happen to be watching our dog,T-Bone, while we spend a year in Paris.  T-Bone is a very awesome dog.  He has been on "vacation" at his grandparents' house for a few months now, so the excitement was almost overwhelming when I walked in the door....Imagine his disappointment when he realized that his daddy was not with me...he is a very emotional (and awesome) dog who was clearly waiting for dad once I arrived!  Needless to say, he settled for me and I got to cuddle T-Bone while getting my first full night's sleep of the trip!  You know what they say though..."no rest for the wicked!"...It was early to rise as Jamie and I were driving nine more hours to spend Halloween in Vegas!!!!  "TROUBLE IS A FRIEND, TROUBLE IS A FRIEND, TROUBLE IS A FRIEND OF MINE!" -Carbon Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment