23 November 2010

HOW MANY CARCASSES DOES IT TAKE...



 4am coffee break with the Beaver!
In usual style my journey to Paris began at 2am on Friday, October 29 . My little black Lexus was fully loaded with things I didn't really need, and a co-pilot who had no idea what she had gotten herself into!  I had returned from Japan just two days prior, finished my packing, inhaled a few Red-Bulls and began the first 13 hour leg of a cross country road trip (with the final destination being Paris, France).  For those of you that know me, I'm sure this comes as no surprise!  For those of you who do not, stay tuned... 

Driving through Texas is not my idea of a fantastic time..but I'm always up for a game...so, as to enhance the ambiance and feed my ADD, I posed a question....How many carcasses does it take to get to El Paso?  The answer??? Let's just say you could feed a small country for a week and have leftovers!  Carcass' big and small painted the sides of the highway as I continued to gnaw on my homemade beef jerky and drown myself in rotating cups of coffee and Red-Bull..and for the record...it took nearly 30 carcasses, 10 hours, and six Red-Bulls to get to El Paso...Now watch out fellow Las Cruces campers....We're tired, hungry, and looking for a place to set up this "Dora the Explora" tent!

No comments:

Post a Comment